Monday, July 23, 2012

Aye Mamacita Blouses!

        I was inspired to carry these beautiful blouses because of my love of vintage Mexican peasant blouses fused with my love of talented women! If Carmen Miranda & Frida Kahlo designed a blouse I honestly belive this is something they would have come up with! I have a blog devoted below!!!! I hope you love these as much as I do!

~Aye Mamacita Blouse~
*Made from Polyblend~Super soft on your skin! Fully lined!
*Elastic band on a dropped waist!Very flattering!
*Sizing runs about 1 size big! I am wearing a Large in photos. If you love your blouses fitted order a size down! (So you are an XL order a L)
*Free Shipping with Tracking. U.S.A.
Questions?: sweetdevinedesign@live.com











Thank You Beauty Queens!
Happy Shopping!

-Dottie Devine La Jefa
  Chicago
Sweet Devine Design
Brown Magic Paint Co.

















                       








Sizes
Colors











___________________________________________________________________________




My Inspirations! 

I always ask my fellow women friends who & what inspires them in the clothing department! I love to see these 'collections' out in & about in everyday life! I myself love mixing vintage with new, retro with antique & everything else in between. I never had one specific genre I tried to emulate. Movies of course often influenced my personal style growing up along with vintage magazines! I always looked for strong women that did their own thing but in a big way! I took little from each and sprinkled them on me to create my personal style! So recently I was putting together a new collection of clothing for Sweet Devine Design & I used my love of clothes & those that I look up to for inspiration. Growing up I adored Carmen Miranda. Everything about that woman made my eyes light up! Her talent,wardrobe,style,dancing...HER HAIR!!!!!! Forever I wanted 'Carmen Miranda Bangs' & after watching a ton of her movies & practicing till my hands almost fell off & mastering a curling iron along with setting my hair well ta-da I taught myself! I have to say its one of my most favorite hair styles to date! I try to mix & match it with whatever I happen to be wearing! I often pair bright colors this hairstyle as my little extra love to Carmen! I loved all the bright colors she wore, the fruit baskets for hats & extravagant outfits!!!!!!!!!


 
Amazing hair!

                                                                       Such Style!



  The unforgettable Frida Kahlo accomplished so much in her short life. Her art has left a permanent yet beautiful mark on this world. I often think of her as a tattoo that never fades. I find myself just gazing at her pictures to just to see what she is wearing matched to the expressions on her face. She had such exquisite style! Her jewelry has always left me in awe! I have started collecting vintage 1940s Mexican Aztec inspired jewelry because of Frida. One of my wonderful & talented gal pals; Frances recently started making resin necklaces & was kind enough to gift me a Frida inspired one! I wear it often & I have to stay it really does cheer me up to have her close to my heart & of course for inspiration!


Feminine & Strong


Traditional



    These two beautiful & very talented women inspire my personal style. I am always curious what inspires others! Please drop me a line & let me know who inspires you & why! I will be having my first giveaway when I reach 100 followers! A pair of custom Beauty Queen Ballet Flats! Stay Tuned!


Thank You Beauty Queens!

Con Mucho Amor,

Dottie Devine

















      

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE CARMEN!!!!!!! I'm working on a Carmen Miranda costume if you come across anything ala Miranda please contact me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I love her too! I have a few things but I can not bare to part! I do have a pair of earrings with the entire fruit basket theme all over them! You can email me: sweetdevinedesign@live.com for pictures if you are interested! Thanks for stopping!!!!!!!! Xoxo-Dottie!

      Delete